Friday, September 17, 2004

Gateway: The Saga Continues

Yesterday, when I arrived at home, there was a friendly message from Gateway on my answering machine, informing me that my order had been unavoidably delayed, and that it is expected to arrive in another two weeks. Almost a month for an "overnight" shipment.

So I called the customer service line. The guy was very nice, but his computer crashed mid-call, so he had to put me on hold for five minutes. Eventually, after searching for several more minutes to find out 1) where my order was, and 2) when it is expected to arrive (I neglected to tell him of the "two weeks" prognostication on my machine), I asked him whether I could cancel. I didn't ask earlier because of the third email message from customer support (see below). He said, "Sure!" I think he was getting vibes from me of a very disturbing sort, and just wanted to get off the phone. After another minute or two on hold, he came back and told me he had cancelled the order, and asked if I needed anything else.

Thank Allah that's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home