Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nasty habit.

I have a nasty habit of shifting blame away from myself, even where it gains me no advantage. My partner and I scheduled a telephone call with a client this morning for 10 AM. We called her cell and got voicemail. We called her office/house and got voicemail. We gave up calling, because she had previously indicated that she had a 10:30 appointment, and couldn't talk for more than fifteen minutes anyway.

Apparently she had set her cell to vibrate and that is why she missed the call. She called back a few minutes later and found we had already stepped out of the office. Then she sent an apologetic email, explaining what had happened. Nice. But I took the "I called the office a couple of minutes after you called me and your office staff told me you were already gone" as a return shot in the game of one-upsmanship. Which is absurd. But I just had to write back and reshift the blame for the failed telephone call to her. Goddamn it; I should be less petty than this by now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Felix Pardalis said...

"Goddamn it; I should be less petty than this by now."

it ain't your fault you were raised that way...

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home