Monday, October 31, 2005

Raina.

The late trio that dog. had a song on its first album called "Raina." Which appears, at first glance, to be directed at a woman named "Raina." "Raina, she blew my mind. She made me sick inside." And, upon further inspection, this interpretation holds up. But nevertheless, I propose an alternate interpretation. One rife with needless difficulties. And it is this: that the song's lyrics are directed at the song itself.

The song had a mouth on "her" that you'd "never want to find." The song's singer walked the song to the door, saying she wasn't too keen on looking at "her" anymore. The song, and its chitterchat, made the singer sick inside. It makes less sense than the obvious interpretation. But it still, with the proper frame of mind, makes some sense.

And thus, when "Raina" is stuck in my head, I feel nauseous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home