Saturday, June 18, 2005

Archive.org's feature film collection.

I must confess that until recently, while I found the goal of archive.org laudable, I found its selection of books, films, and music simply too spotty to justify regular visits (as an alternative to the regular visits I make to the local library). I had found a few gems there in the past. Mike Doughty and Pinback concerts, for example. And classic Roger Corman and George Romero films. But on the whole, not enough to alter my lifestyle.

But, bored on a Saturday night and without much a plan, I decided to check to see what had cropped up recently. And imagine my surprise to see amazing selections like Charade, His Girl Friday, D.O.A., and Meet John Doe had somehow found their way into the public domain. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home