Sunday, February 13, 2005

Mr. Satire.

A few months back I got an email from "Mr. Satire," who was starting up this site where he would pool together all the satire feeds for easy perusing. Which is only really useful if you like all Internet satire equally, or somehow don't have a good news aggregator or browser. Which is hopefully not true of anyone.

So anyway, Mr. Satire was looking for a short description of Yodelling Llama, the URL of the main page, the RSS feed's address, etc. He was also looking to conduct an "interview" with me (as YL's creator). Of course as an interview, the process left much to be desired; he had a list of tens of stupid questions, to which I was meant to come up with witty responses. The wittier, the better. Why should I partake? I thought perhaps he might get some traffic that may come my way if I played along. [That hope was dashed as soon as the site was up and running, when it became clear the emphasis would be on SatireSearch and Humor Feed, with the bulk of sites being lost in the misguidedly alphabetized mess.] So I played ball and answered his questions.

I noticed at the time that the site routinely misspelled the word "their" by transposing the "i" and "e." I assumed it was just a typographical error somewhere in its coding. I assumed it would be fixed in due time. After a few weeks, I grew so bothered I actually contacted Mr. Satire again. He wrote back and told me that he had noticed the error a while back and something about asking his retarded sister to spell check initially. So I assumed again it would be fixed shortly.

A few months passed. I just looked again at Mr. Satire. Oddly enough, "thier" is still there. What to do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Llama,

Hey man, don't be a dick. I'm trying to send traffic but without anyone giving the first rats ass to do anything more than complain about it there ain't a whole lot I can do. You got my attention, but unless you want to help code it you're just being mean, and I tried to send at least SOME traffic your way. Most of the webmasters who've responded thought it was fun, so what should I do to be different than the others.

You want to see SatireSearch and HumorFeed de-prioritized, hell, that's a great idea. How come you never told me that before? I've got no inter-site loyalty with them. Quite a rivalry with Satire Search for that matter.

So what's it going to be, sour grapes or do you wanna make it in to fine red wine?

Love,
Mr Satire

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home