Wednesday, January 12, 2005

iMic, wind and TMBG.

A year or so ago, I accidentally broke the tip off my speakers in the audio-out jack on my laptop. The tip refused to come out, so since then I've only been able to listen off the built-in speakers. Ouch.

Went to get it repaired over Winter Break. Was told it would run about $100 just to look at it, with no guarantee it could be extricated and no guarantee the magnets involved in the procedure wouldn't fuck up my computer.

So I bought an iMic, which, though it is designed to provide better sound, it also works as an independent USB audio in/out device. Good enough solution, no?

Well, the thing stopped working after less than two weeks. Why? I have no idea.

On another note, I'm starting to understand why people kill indiscriminately. Or at least I'm starting to understand the conditions that would have to exist that would encourage me to kill indiscriminately. And those conditions are windy. As far as I can tell, there are few natural phenomena as irritating as wind. Now where did I put my gun...

On another note, I've had They Might Be Giants' "How Can I Sing like a Girl?" in my head for the past two weeks. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home