Wednesday, December 15, 2004

"Looks" and Eternal Sunshine.

Last week I received Mike Doughty's rereleases of Skittish and Rockity Roll in the mail. I'd already pirated both from various locations, so was very familiar with most of the tunes in question (although there were five bonus tracks included, only three of which already haunted my hard drive). Which means there wasn't much of a surpirse. But it had been a while since I listened to Skittish in particular. And for whatever reason, "Looks" hit me hard. It is a splenderific song, full of emotion. And I got to thinking how it hit me in much the same as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I'm not sure I can describe the connection, but "Looks" and Eternal Sunshine bear a similar theme, or undercurrent, or something that is powerful. I suggest hearing and watching both repeatedly in the near future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home