Thursday, August 05, 2004

Choose Your Own Adventure.

I always loved Choose Your Own Adventure books. They were simultaneously terrible and wonderful. I attempted one a few years back. It was Halloween themed. So, sticking to tradition, when I got the itch to write another CYOA this (technically yesterday) morning, I found a holiday. On Wikipedia. Useful. What I ended up coming up with--and using--was the "Transfiguration Bank Holiday." I gather that it is 1) a holiday, 2) celebrated in El Salvador, 3) a bank-closing holiday, and 4) a religious holiday. The last is based on my minimal religious training which, I believe, involved the term "transfiguration" at some point.

So this morning, I wrote a CYOA, set in El Salvador. It involves both religion and bank closures as plot motivators. It also involves, I hope, some humor. And of course, as with any good CYOA-for-adults, it involves sex and violence. Disturbing sex and violence. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home